Good inexpensive sub amps

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Although I'm tempted by the sales at AV123, I would prefer to DIY two 15-18" subs. (They will be vented tubes or boxes. I like music, so they will require tight bass as well. However, this is not a DIY thread.)

I've seen many mention the Behringer Europower EP2500 and EP1500. I know of the Audiosource amp's as well. Did I miss any? Most Crown's and Emotiva's aren't in my preferred ($200 or less) price range. Therefore, I'm not looking at them.

Thanks in advance.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
+1 for the EP2500 :) <- can play anything and everything (within reason)

(thread moved as per your request)

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Bash digital amps @ partsexpress. There are two, one 300w and a 500w.
I use a pair of the 500w to power two 15" JBL Pro SUB1500 drivers. I have them running 10db hot, compared to the other channels. And that's with the AVR sub menu @ -10db and the Bash's VC @ only about a 1/3 of its travel.

http://www.parts-express.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&CAT_ID=43&ObjectGroup_ID=505&SO=2&FTR=Plate Amplifier
Are you talking about the plates or the rack mounts? I'll definitely consider the rack mounts if I can find a good deal on one. I like the pricing of plates, but they kind of limit placement.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Check out Ebay and search for Crown,behringer,crest,Qsc amps. I got all my pro amps except my ep2500 from ebay and saved a ton of money. They all work and look great just make sure the person you buy it from has alot of good feedback and you will be fine.

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
Are you talking about the plates or the rack mounts? I'll definitely consider the rack mounts if I can find a good deal on one. I like the pricing of plates, but they kind of limit placement.
Yes, the plate amps. I certainly have no problem using the plate amps, as far as placement goes.
Previously, I had been using a Crown K2 amp, which was alot more expensive than two of the Bash amps. Both are very good, but with the Bash amps I get a builtin crossover, which I needed for my TT system.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Id second the 2500 plenty of room to power 2 let alone one

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis